The best places to retire are those which offer the services, accomodation and activities which are particularly important to older people. Elementary you would think, but of course not all the well known retirement locations actually provide all these elements.
You could travel up & down the UK searching for the the best places to retire, some would be better than others, but in our view the Isle of Wight is the top UK location – especially if you want to be an active retiree.
Stan Russell, a retirement income expert at Prudential, said: “Our analysis shows that every part of the country has something different to offer pensioners, but the counties with the most attractive attributes tend to be along the southern and eastern coasts of England”. August 2017.
The Isle of Wight has been a favourite holiday destination for mainlanders since Regency and particularly Victorian times and as such there is a wealth of period property on the Island. Additionally there are New England style homes, new housing in a variety of styles and sizes, excellent modern well equiped apartment buildings many with sea views and parking, plus a wide choice of assisted living acoomodation and care homes.
– With 57 miles of coastline there are many opportunities to either live near or by the sea.
– The Isle of Wight has a mild climate, with the highest sunshine hours recorded in the UK.
– The Island is renowned for having a slower pace of life and Community spirit lives on in every town and village, so new residents are sure of a warm welcome, a helping hand and plenty of opportunities to make new firends.
– Multiple attractions for retirees, family visitors, and days out with grandchildren.
– Welcoming organisations, clubs, and specialist groups can be found all over the Island, so meeting new people will not be a problem.
Sherlock and Watson Ltd, property finders & relocation professionals take the stress out of finding property on the Isle of Wight. Click HERE to view our Home Finding Services.
For information on how we can help you find a home on the Island for retirement contact us on 01983 754800 or 07921 574895.